Esra OGUT OEHRI
Energy; Post M&A, Mining; Construction
Columbia University, Law School (New York), LL.M.
Koc University, Istanbul, LL.B.
• Tips on How to Conduct an Effective Arbitration, ICC YAF, Webinar (15 March 2021)
• Managing Disputes with States or State-Owned Enterprises along the Belt and Road through Asia and Europe, HK45 & Young ISTAC Joint Conference, Webinar (10 February 2021)
• Cross-Examination Workshop, Co-organizer, Young ICCA & Young ISTAC Joint Conference, Webinar (7 September 2020)
• How to Run Your Arbitration, Co-organizer, ASAb40 & Young ISTAC Joint Conference, Istanbul, Turkey (21 June 2019)
• Dos and Don’ts when Agreeing to Arbitrate: Swiss and Turkish Perspectives, Co-organizer, ASAb40 & Young ISTAC Joint Conference, Geneva, Switzerland (26 October 2018)
• Overview of the Arbitral Proceedings and Procedural Principles, AIA Brussels Arbitration School 2017, Brussels, Belgium (26 October 2017)
• The Arbitrator’s Duty to Disclose Potential Conflicts - Non-Disclosure and Its Consequences, ICC YAF, Zurich, Switzerland (8 December 2017)
• Rising Arbitrators Initiative (RAI), Events Task Force Committee (2021-present)
• Young ISTAC International Affairs Committee Co-Chair (2019-2021); Committee Member (2016-2019)
• Other Memberships: ArbitralWomen, ICC YAF, Young ICCA, Columbia Alumni Association, Istanbul Bar Association
Esra Ogut Oehri is an Associate at LALIVE in Zurich, where she specialises in construction and energy disputes. Before joining LALIVE, Esra worked as an Associate at Peter & Partners (now Peter & Kim) in Geneva and at White & Case in Istanbul and Paris.
Esra Ogut Oehri is an active member of a number of arbitration associations, including the Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA), ASA below 40, ArbitralWomen, Young ICCA and Young ISTAC. Until recently, she was an Executive Committee member of Young ISTAC and Co-Chair of its Foreign Affairs Commission. She is currently a member of the Rising Arbitrators Initiative (RAI)’s Events Taskforce and responsible for the organization of events.
Esra Ogut Oehri graduated in law from Koc University in Istanbul and holds an LL.M. from Columbia Law School.