Ish Jain, FCIArb
Regius Legal LLP
India, UK, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Russia, Mauritius, Maladies
India, UK, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Russia, Mauritius, Maladies
Empaneled as Arbitrator at the following institutes:
• Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC), Malaysia
• Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre (ADNDRC), Hong Kong
• Beihai Asia International Arbitration Centre (BAIAC), Singapore
• London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), UK – Database
• ADGM Arbitration Centre, Abu Dhabi, UAE
• Saudi Centre for Commercial Arbitration, Saudi Arabia
• Prime Disputes, UK - including as Emergency Arbitrator
• ADR ODR, UK
• Forum of International Conciliation and Arbitration (FICA), UK
• Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb)
• MCCI Arbitration and Mediation Centre (MARC), Mauritius – Database
• Russian Arbitration Centre, Russia - Database
• Hon’ble High Court at Bombay, India
• Hon’ble High Court at Delhi, India (Delhi International Arbitration Centre), India
• Hon’ble High Court at Madhya Pradesh (Madhya Pradesh Arbitration Centre), India
• National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, India
• Multi Commodity Exchange, India
• Centre for Online Resolution of Disputes (CORD), India
• Indian Dispute Resolution Centre (IDRC), India
• International and Domestic Arbitration Centre (IDAC), India
• Bangalore International Mediation Arbitration and Conciliation Centre (BIMACC), India
• Hyderabad Arbitration Centre (HAC), India
• The Federation of Integrated Conflict Management (FICM), India
• Centre for International Alternative Dispute Resolution, Bangladesh
ACCREDIATION / CERTIFICATION IN FIELD OF ARBITRATION & MEDIATION
• Fellow (FCIArb): Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK (CIArb)
• Fellow (FHKIArb): Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators (HKIArb)
• Fellow (FMIArb): Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb)
• Fellow (FAMINZ): Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand Inc. (AMINZ), New Zealand.
• Certified International Arbitrator [CIA (AiADR)]: Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Malaysia (AiADR)
• Senior Fellow (SFBiam): Bali International Arbitration and Mediation Centre (BIAMC), Indonesia.
• Fellow (FPD): Prime Disputes, UK (PD)
• Fellow (FFICA): Forum of International Conciliation and Arbitration, UK (FICA)
• Fellow (FIDRC): Indian Dispute Resolution Council, India (IDRC)
• Life Member (MICA): Indian Council of Arbitration (ICA)
English (Native), Hindi (Fluent), Marwari (Fluent), Gujarati (Fluent), Marathi (Fluent)
2020 – 23 Ph.D. in Law (International Arbitration Law), Banasthali Vidyapith University, India
2020 – 22 Advanced Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Air and Space Law, Leiden University, The Netherlands
2009 – 10 Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Commercial Arbitration and International Commercial Law, Queen Mary University of London, U.K.
2007 – 09 Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Information Technology (IT) Law, University of Edinburgh, U.K.
2007 – 09 Bachelor in Laws (LL.B.), University of Mumbai, India
2004 – 07 Bachelor in Legal Sciences (B.L.S.), University of Mumbai, India
DIPLOMA AND SPECIALIZATION COURSES
• Conflict Management Specialization, University of California, U.S.
• Negotiation, Mediation and Conflict Resolution, ESSEC Business School, France
• Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (Indian Perspective), Asian School of Cyber Law, India
• Advance Diploma in Cyber Laws (International Perspective), Asian School of Cyber Law, India
• Diploma in Cyber Laws (Indian Perspective), Government Law College & Asian School of Cyber Laws, India
• American Contract Law-I, Yale University, US
• The Law of the European Union: Introduction, Leiden University, The Netherlands
• European Business Law: Understanding the Fundamentals, Lund University, Sweden
• Private Equity and Venture Capital, Università Bocconi, Italy
• Introduction to Satellite Communications, Institute Mines -Télécom, France
• International Cyber Conflicts, The State University of New York, U.S.
• Legal Obligations under Russian Law, Moscow State Institute of International Relations, Russia
• Legal Aspects for doing business in Russia, Saint Petersburg State University, Russia
• Six months Lecture Course in Astrophysics, University of Mumbai, India
• Space Law, Victoria Sutton, Udemy, U.S
• Certified Cyber-Crime Investigation Course, Asian School of Cyberlaws, India
• BSE’s Basic Course on Stock Markets, The Bombay Stock Exchange Training Institute, India.
TRAINING CONDUCTED in field of Arbitration & Mediation
• Acted as Presiding Arbitrator as well as Co-Arbitrator in “Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot (Vienna)” and “The Vis East Moot Foundation (Hong Kong)” as well as several Vis Pre-Moot competition in various jurisdictions including in UK, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Greece, Czech Republic, China, Malaysia, New York, Tehran, Russia, etc
• Acted as Arbitrator for the Foreign Direct Investment International Arbitration Moot, Salzburg, November 2021 organized by Centre For International Legal Studies, Australia.
• Acted as Arbitrator at the 11th Shanghai Moot, 2021 organized by SHIAC, Shanghai, Republic of China
• Acted as Arbitrator for the International Construction Arbitration Moot, 2021 organized by Russian Institute of Modern Arbitration, Russia.
• Acted as Arbitrator for the Cross-Examination Moot, 2021 organized by Science Pro, Paris, France.
• Acted as Judge for ADR ODR (UK)’s Online Mediation Competition, UK in April, 2021
• Acted as Judge for AD HOC Negotiation Competition organized by European Institute of Conflict Resolution and ADR ODR held in Dubai, UAE December, 2021
• Acted as Judge for Virtual National Mediation Competition 2021 organized by Dr. D. Y. Patil Law College, India.
• Speaker at Ad HOC Arbitration Forum, 2021 organized by Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Malaysia.
• Speaker at India Disputes Conference, 2021 on the topic of "3rd party funding and Covid ramifications - is it time for India to regulate?".
• Speaker at “ADR Training Week” organized by The Centre for Conflict Resolution of SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law from 5th July - 9th July in collaboration with Sama and YCM Youth Conflict Management & Mediation Initiative.
• Simulated learning programme on Arbitration, 6 months programme at Pravin Gandhi College of Law, India
• Lecturer at the 5-day Certificate Course on “Arbitration law in India” organized by Legisnations International Centre for Legal Studies in December, 2021.
• Visiting Faculty at Pravin Gandhi college of Law, Mumbai, India on the subject of Practical Training & Attributes of Arbitration.
• Determining the Nature and Functioning the of International Civil Aviation Organisation: Jurisdiction, Resolutions and National Enforcement (TDM, ISSN 1875-4120) (forthcoming October, 2021) URL: www.transnational-dispute-management.com/article.asp?key=2863
• Determination of Fault-Liability for Damage Caused by Space Debris: Departing from Restrictive Liabilities for in-Orbit Collisions" TDM 5 (2021), (TDM, ISSN 1875-4120), URL: www.transnational-dispute-management.com/article.asp?key=2871
• Malaysia-Singapore Dispute over Southern Johor Airspace: A Case Study" (TDM, ISSN 1875-4120) June 2021, (https://www.transnational-dispute-management.com/about-author-a-z-profile.asp?key=3565
• Arbitration in Space Disputes – Need of the hour, published by Prime Disputes, UK (https://www.primedispute.com), April 2021 and can be downloaded from https://bit.ly/3e4i9J8
• Aatma Nirbhar Space: India announced increase in Private partnership in Space Sector but, what do we know about Private Investment in Space Industry, published for Regius Legal LLP, May 2020. (https://www.regius.legal/aatma-nirbhar-space.pdf)
• Technological Revolution in Indian Judiciary in Post Covid-19 Era, published by Legal Desire, May 2020 edition (https://legaldesire.com/technological-revolution-in-indian-judiciary-in-post-covid-19-era/)
• Expert Systems Cannot Replace Lawyers, Bombay Cases Reporter, July 2009
• Ambassador at Arbitrator Intelligence, USA
• Vice-Chair, Membership Committee at Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Malaysia
• Independent Expert Council at International Academy of Space Law, Russia
• Honorary Board Member, Asia Entrepreneurship Skills Association, India
• Senior Advisor Panel, ADR HOC, India
• Alumni Ambassador at Queen Mary, University of London, U.K.
• Member at Expert Peer Review Board at UPES Student Law Review Journal, UPES, India
• By Legit Quest, Delhi, India, August 2020. (https://legiteye.com/quality-of-arbitrators-and-the-time-taken-for-issuance-of-an-award-will-be-key-factors-for-international-groups-to-opt-to-put-their-stakes-in-arbitrations-which-have-a-seat-in-india-ish-jain/)
• By Desi Kanoon, Delhi, India in May 2020. (http://desikaanoon.in/interview-of-ish-jain-senior-partner-at-regius-legal-mumbai/)
• International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
• The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
• Young ICCA
• Dutch Arbitration Association (DAA), The Netherlands
• HK45 at Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
• ASA Below 40, Switzerland
• Russian Arbitration Association
• Space Generation Advisory Council, - Space Law and Policy
ACCOLADES & AWARDS
• ‘Legal Falcon 2022’ at LexTalk World Conference, Dubai, February 2022
• ‘ALB’s India Arising Stars’ by Thomas Reuters and Asian Legal Business, 2022
• ‘Indian Achiever Award (Domestic and International Arbitration)’ – Award by Indian Achievers' Forum & CSR Times, India.
• ‘Future Legal Leaders’ - Award by Indian Business Law Journal (IBLJ) - Vantage Asia, Hong Kong.
• ‘40 under 40 Rising Star Award’ – Award at the 6th Annual Legal Era Awards, India