White & Case LLP
New York; District of Columbia; Russia
Arbitration; commercial litigation; M&A; finance.
English, German, Russian, Circassian.
Moscow State University (JD);
Moscow State University (PhD);
University of Miami School of Law (LLM);
American University Washington College of Law (JD).
1. Madina Lokova, Some peculiarities of the turnover of contractual claims, Case law in Western Siberia No. 3 (11), 2012, pp. 122 – 135.
2. Madina Lokova, Application of general provisions on assignment of rights to specific commercial contracts, Bulletin of the Federal Commercial Court of the North-Caucasus District No. 2 (12), 2013, pp. 99 – 109.
3. Madina Lokova, Legal qualification of a right to dispose of a contractual claim, Economics and Law No. 6, 2013, pp. 113 – 123.
4. Madina Lokova, Recent Developments in Russian Private Law, ABA Section of International Law, Eurasia/Russia Committee Newsletter, January – March 2019.
5. C. Lamm, E. Hellbeck, Recent Developments in Third-Party Funding in Investor-State Arbitration, BCDR International Arbitration Review, Volume 5, Issue 2 (2018) (drafter).
6. Co-author, International Treaty Rights and International Law in the Time of a Pandemic, Swiss Chinese Law Review (June 2020).
7. Co-author, The Evolving Dynamics of Monetary Restrictions as International Arbitration’s Next Big Challenge?, Dossier XIX of the ICC Institute of World Business Law Series: Overriding Mandatory Rules and Compliance in International Arbitration.
8. Madina Lokova, Career Opportunities in International Law, American Bar Association: After the Bar (January 2022).
1. Acknowledged as the best counsel team, representing White & Case LLP, at the YIAG-PwC Expert Witness Examination Event, New York, 2018.
2. Named one of three “Most Appreciated Arbitrators” with the highest scores at the 2020 Global Orals of the Foreign Direct Investment International Arbitration Moot Competition (November 2020).
3. The Rising Arbitrator's Challenge: Appointment of Rising Arbitrators: By Parties or through the Arbitral Institute? (RAI Event), Moderator, 15 December 2020.
1. ABA YLD Liaison to International Law, ABA International Law Section’s Liaison to the Young Lawyers Division & ABA YLD International Law Committee Chair (2021-2023).
2. Steering Board Member of the ABA International Law Section’s Eurasia/Russia Committee.
3. Member of ABA, New York State Bar Association, Young ICCA, ICC YAF, ICDR Young & International, YIAG, and Young ITA.
I am a dual-qualified attorney with 12 years of post-qualification experience in dispute resolution, M&A, and finance transactions in common law and civil law jurisdictions. I am based in Washington, DC.