Tiffany N Compres
Agriculture, Energy, Food & Bev, Distribution
English, Spanish, French
- Georgetown University Law Center Dec. 2009, Juris Doctor
- Université de Paris I, Sorbonne Law School May 2009, Master II (Master of Laws equivalent) in Droit et globalisation économique (international arbitration and litigation, trade)
- Institut d'Études Politiques (Sciences Po) May 2009, Master II (Master of Laws equivalent) in Droit et globalisation économique
- Interviewing Tiffany N. Comprés on the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and Arbitration, Young Arbitration Review, Yr. 10, Ed. 43, p 107-110 (2021).
- Birds of a Feather- Do Wing Arbitrators Flock Together—Neutrally?- , 55 ABA/ILS YIR 538- 542 (2021)
- The Global Supply Chain in the Time of COVID-19, Southeast Produce Weekly, March 19, 2020
- The Death of Investment Treaty Arbitration for the U.S. and the EU: Tempest in the Making or Much Ado About Nothing?, 18 International Law Quarterly, Fall 2017, vol. XXXIII, no. 3
- Buying and Selling Produce Internationally – What You Need to Know, Southeast Produce Weekly, 22 March 2017
- Legal Editor, Southeast Produce Weekly (southeastproduceweekly.com)
- Labor of Love: Using International Labor Law to Achieve Human Rights for Women Sex Workers in the Dominican Republic, Note, Georgetown Journal of International Law, Vol. 40, No. 3, Spring 2009
- Affirmative Action in Education, Georgetown Journal of Gender & the Law, Vol. 9, Annual Rev. 2008 (Ed.)
Select Speaking Engagements
- Can Force Majeure Save Your International Transactions?, Organization for Women in International Trade (OWIT), Webinar, April 30, 2020
- Surviving the Epidemic of Force Majeure Claims in International Contracts, Florida Bar International Law Section CLE Webinar, panelist focusing on civil law and international law aspects, April 9, 2020
- Intelligence about Arbitrators & the Future of International Arbitration, panelist, Florida International University and Shutts & Bowen LLP, November 12, 2019, Miami, Florida
- Business Beyond Borders: Demystifying Trade with Europe and Latin America, panelist, OWIT International Conference, October 24 2019, Tampa, Florida
- Conflictos Internacionales: Como beneficiarse de todas las herramientas (incluso PACA), 10 May 2019, S. Domingo, D.R.
- Recognizing and Enforcing Foreign and Domestic Arbitral Awards and Settlement Agreements, panelist, The World of Arbitration and Mediation in Latin America and the Caribbean Today First Annual Conference, 1 March 2019, Miami, Florida
- Hot Topics in International Litigation, panelist focusing on CISG law, iLaw Conference, 22 Feb. 2019, Miami, Florida
- Improve Your Bottom Line with International Arbitration, Fruit Logistica, 7 Feb., 2019, Berlin, Germany
- Various television interviews on Metropolis, Dominican Republic, on PACA, CISG, and international arbitration
- International Arbitration and Litigation, the U.S. Perspective, Indian National Bar Association National Conference, November 2018, New Delhi, India
- International Arbitration in the Courts, seminar for Paraguayan judges in conjunction with the University of Miami, 19 June 2018
-Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an expert in International Law
-Fellow, Chartered Institute of arbitrators
-Florida Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, Executive Committee Member
-Association of Food Industries
-Florida Bar International Law Certification Committee (2019-2021)
-International Law Section of the Florida Bar
-International Bar Association
-Energy Arbitration Club
-Hispanic American Bar Association
-Miami International Arbitration Society (MIAS)
-Inter-American Affairs Committee, New York City Bar Association
Tiffany Comprés represents U.S. and non-U.S. companies as an advocate in international arbitration and litigation, and also serves as an arbitrator in international arbitrations. Her experience encompasses a range of disputes, and she has extensive experience in the international agriculture, food, logistics, distribution, heavy machinery, and energy sectors.
Tiffany is one of only 51 attorneys board-certified as an expert in International Law by The Florida Bar. She has been recognized as a Rising Star for 3 years in a row by SuperLawyers, and as an expert on the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA). Tiffany has written for, and been interviewed by, several leading industry publications in agriculture, such as Fresh Plaza, in which she was featured in an article titled “PACA vs CISG: Which Prevails, Domestic or International Law?” and Young Arbitration Review (YAR), where she was interviewed about the CISG and arbitration for the 10th year anniversary edition.
Having worked in the United States, France, and Italy, Tiffany regularly handles cases in English, Spanish, and French. She practices in all of the world’s major arbitration centers and under all the major arbitration rules, as well under as industry-focused rules including the DRC Rules (Fruit & Vegetable Dispute Resolution Corp.) and the AFI Rules (Association of Food Industries). She also handles all forms of international discovery, international award and judgment enforcement and collection, and Hague Convention procedures.