I specialize in international arbitration, with particular focus on commercial, construction and investment treaty disputes.
Italian (native); English.
- Cattolica University of Milan: graduation in Law with honors in 2007, with a specialization in international law;
- Universität Salzburg, 2005 - Summer School on International Criminal Law, Human Rights Law and Humanitarian Law: “First decisions of the Security Council and the organs of the Court – Shaping and paving the roads towards ‘Peace, security and the well-being of the world’”.
Most recent speaking engagements
- ICC YAF - "Dos and don’ts to win an arbitration", 18 February 2021;
- CIArb YMG World Tour: Arbitration and mediation as a global force for good - "ADR in Europe: Recent Developments and Future Trends", 18 February 2021;
- WIPO/CAM - "Industrial Design Mediation and Arbitration", 23 January 2020;
- “Guida all’arbitrato”, IPSOA, Milano, 2019 (Second Edition);
- “La duplice fonte della responsabilità precontrattuale dello Stato: non solo in diritto interno, ma anche secondo il diritto internazionale (Note to the Arbitral Award dated 17 May 2013 (Luigiterzo Bosca v. Lituania)), in Diritto del commercio internazionale, 2016, fasc. 2 pag. 464 - 468;
- “Le nuove misure adottate dalla CCI a favore di una maggiore efficienza e trasparenza dei procedimenti arbitrali”, in Diritto del commercio internazionale, 2016, fasc. 2, pag. 549 - 557 - co-authored;
- “La rinuncia all'impugnativa del lodo tra autonomia privata e disposizioni inderogabili: ancora una conferma dell'inefficacia delle clausole di rinuncia preventiva all'annullamento del lodo”, in Diritto del commercio internazionale, 2014, 2, p. 492;
- “Il nuovo Regolamento di arbitrato della Camera di Commercio Internazionale”, in Diritto del commercio internazionale, 2011, 4, p. 1152;
- “Due recenti guide alla redazione delle convenzioni arbitrali”, in Diritto del commercio internazionale, 2011, 1, p. 152;
- “Imprescrittibilità del risarcimento del danno da crimine contro l'umanità”, in Danno e responsabilità, 2011, 1, p. 92.
- Who’s Who Legal – Italy: recognized as leading practitioner in arbitration in the 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 Editions;
- Who’s Who Legal – Global Arbitration Review: recognized as “Future Leader in International Arbitration – Non-Partner” in the 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 Editions;
- Member of the Associazione Italiana per l’Arbitrato (AIA), the Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA), the International Chamber of Commerce – Young Arbitration Forum (ICC YAF), the AIA-ArbIt-40, the Raising Arbitration Initiative (RAI).
- Former coach of the Catholic University of Milan at the Vis Moot.
I am a Partner at BonelliErede, International Arbitration group. My practice focuses on complex commercial, construction and investment disputes. I was involved in more than forty international arbitrations, in ad hoc and administered proceedings before arbitral institutions such as the ICC, ICSID, CAM, LCIA, SCC, DIAC, CRCICA. I was also appointed as arbitrator in a VIAC case.
I also provide assistance during the negotiation phase of commercial contracts, including EPC, SPA and international sale of goods agreements under different national laws or subject to international treaties (CISG) and trade usages (INCOTERMS, UCP, URDG). Additionally, I gained significant experience in transnational matters involving conflict of laws issues.
I am contract professor of international private law at the higher school of legal studies, Cattolica University of Milan. I was research assistant at the Cattolica University of Milan in Private International Law, Law of International Arbitration and Transnational Commercial Law.