Azerbaijan, Turkey and Post-Soviet Countries
International commercial and investment arbitration, with a focus on international trade and construction.
Fluent in Azerbaijani, English, Turkish and Russian. Intermediate in French.
George Washington University Law School, LL.M. in International and Comparative Law, 2011
Stockholm University Law School, LL.M. in International Commercial Arbitration Law, 2008
Baku State University Law School, Bachelor of Laws with Highest Honors, 2007
• Book on Theory and Practice of Mediation in Azerbaijan. Financed by EU Project. December 2020
• International Investment Protection Regime and Criminal Investigations. Journal of International Arbitration. Kluwer Law International. Volume 29, Issue 1, 2012
• Arbitration as a protection method of property rights of foreign natural and juridical persons. Journal on International Law and Integration Problems of Baku State University, Issue 2 (18), 2009
• Public policy rule in international commercial arbitration: an Azerbaijani perspective. Journal on International Law and Integration Problems of Baku State University, Issue 2 (22), 2010
• Blog posts on Kluwer on arbitration and mediation
Member of New York Bar
Member of the Bar of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Head of ADR Committee of the Bar of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Mediator of the accountability mechanism of the IFC/MIGA, UN Ombudsman for Funds and Programs and Asian Development Bank
Scientific Expert on ADR at CEPEJ
Senior Fellow of Weinstein Foundation
Ruslan MIRZAYEV is an arbitration attorney and mediator, with extensive experience in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution since 2008. He is qualified as an attorney in the State of New York and Azerbaijan.
Mr. Mirzayev has represented clients in international arbitration cases as a lead counsel as well as in teams led by prominent international law firms. Ruslan Mirzayev has acted as a senior ADR expert under projects funded by various different international organizations. Mr. Mirzayev is recognized by Legal 500, UK’s leading ranking publication, as one of the leading arbitration practitioners in the CIS and Caucasus Region (International Arbitration Powerlist 2020), and is the author of numerous articles, manuals and a book about ADR and arbitration.