Dr. Leonardo Carpentieri
LMS Legal LLP
Energy; construction; oil & gas; infrastructure.
French; Italian; English and Spanish.
- PhD at Paris II University ("Restorative Justice"), 2007
- ADR Program at Hamline Mitchell University, 2006
- Postgraduate Degree in Arbitration and ADR at Paris II University, 2005
- Moderator and panelist in "COVID-19 Symposium: Constitutional, political, social and health threats
and challenges in France and the United Kingdom", "Arbitration and Covid", Remote, May 2021
- Organizer and panelist of “Taking Justice Online: The New Face of Dispute Resolution”, hosted by
LMS Legal LLP and the Franco-British Lawyers’ Society, Remote, November 2020
- “Arbitration in the MENA” (G. Blanke, H. Al Mulla), Part K on Iraq; World Arbitration Reporter (L.
Mistelis, L. Shore), National Report for Iraq, both co-authored with Noor Kadhim, JurisNet LLC,
- “The Invocation of State Defenses in Times of Conflict: Force Majeure, Necessity and the Libyan
Example”, International Journal of Arab Arbitration 2019, Vol. 11 Issue 2
- “Force majeure and the protection of international contractors in Libya”, Africa Arbitration, October
- “Construction arbitration and BITs: is there still a future for intra-EU investment arbitration?”, The
International Construction Law Review, Vol. 35, part 2, 2018
- President of the Franco-British Lawyers Society (England & Wales)
- Member of the PPP task Force of the Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
I'm an Italian national and I am admitted to practice as a Solicitor in England & Wales and as a French Avocat in Paris, France.
I have participated in arbitrations before the major arbitral institutions, including the ICC, the LCIA, UNCITRAL, ICSID, the Milan Chamber of Arbitration (CAM), and the PCA. My practice focuses on the construction, energy and oil & gas sectors, especially in the Middle East and Africa. I have experience in construction and energy disputes, as part of commercial arbitration and investment treaty proceedings.
I am the President of the Franco-British Lawyers Society for England and Wales.